ICE Exam: Management and Leadership for Engineers
The course looks at management and leadership issues from both a theoretical and applied perspective, with topics ranging from stakeholder management to the concepts of morality, integrity and responsibility, with specific reference to the ICE Code of Conduct.
There is a section for each of the syllabus topics and you can track your progress from the landing page of the eLearning.
What is the ICE Exam?
The ICE exam is available to members who have been advised they need to demonstrate non-technical further learning before they can apply for ICE’s Chartered Professional Review and who do not have the required academic qualifications to do so.
Please be aware that the course content is very similar to the Management and Leadership eLearning.
The eLearning covers the following topics:
- The internal and external organisational environments
- Effects of culture on organisations
- Motivation and leadership of project teams
- Diversity and multi-cultural appreciation and management
- Stakeholder management
- Contractual relationships
- Supply chain management
- Nature of professionalism
- Morality, negligence, integrity, responsibility
Please note that the licence is valid for 12 months only from date of purchase.
This course ties in with the ICE Exam curriculum for Module 2: Management and Leadership. At the end of this course you will be able to do the following:
- Understand the internal and external organisational environments
- Understand and be able to discuss the effects of culture on organisations
- Understand and be able to discuss how to motivate and lead project and other workplace teams
- Understand the importance of diversity and how multi-cultural appreciation and management is essential to running a successful organisation
- Be able to identify and map stakeholders and know how to best communicate with and manage them
- Recognise and be able to explain the nature of professionalism, with specific reference to ICE membership
- Be able to distinguish between morality, negligence, integrity, responsibility and describe ways in which this can be demonstrated in the workplace
On completion of the eLearning you should have a solid understanding of each of the syllabus topics, and combined with your own experience, be able to apply this to the ICE Exam case study questions to demonstrate a master’s level of critical discussion.
This training course is designed for candidates preparing to sit the ICE Exam. The ICE exam is available to members who are already registered with us and who have been advised they will need to demonstrate non-technical further learning before they can apply for ICE’s Chartered Professional Review (CPR), or Chartered Professional Review Progressive (CPRP), and who do not have the required academic qualifications to do so. This ICE Exam targets:
- Those with BEng(Hons) degrees accredited for CEng with further learning.
- Those who graduate after June 2019 with a Washington Accord accredited Bachelor degree.
The exam allows candidates with BEng (Hons) degree or equivalent to demonstrate the CEng educational base without needing to undertake conventional further learning such as a master’s degree. It is not a standalone qualification, but a way for applicants to demonstrate their further learning in order to progress to Professional Review.