ICE Training has been providing courses for NASS Corp, who needed dedicated Temporary Works Supervisors across all Nass Contracting Projects to ensure the implementation of Company temporary works standards.
The course was delivered by ICE Training tutor Anita Ballard, who said "I felt privileged to deliver temporary works training for NASS Corp, helping them to increase their awareness and capability with regards to the application of the British Standard BS5975 and its relevance to the NASS Corp operations in the Middle East.
"Temporary works challenges exist both internationally as well as in the UK, and it was rewarding to explain how the principles of BS5975 could be considered as part of NASS Corp’s procedures, both in design and implementation, with an aim to improve construction safety and efficiency."
Recommended to Nass Contracting by the Temporary Works forum, ICE Training was engaged to provide:
- Increased awareness on the importance of temporary works standards across Nass Corp’s Project Management and Technical design teams.
- Improved temporary works standards across all Nass Corp Projects, with the introduction of trained temporary works inspectors.
- Improved in-house support on temporary works design services and compliance standards through Nass Corp’s Technical Services teams.
Andries van Wyk, Corporate Health, Safety, Security and Environmental Manager at Nass Corp, said "The entire course was beneficial, the design basis brief and the use of temporary work checklists supported our teams, and we can already see some improvements.
"We believe that this training is very important, not only for our employees but also for others including members from our supply chain, our clients, and for members from the authorities that look after construction projects. The expertise of the ICE trainer was beyond the level of our in-house capabilities so we would highly recommend international organisations, especially those in the Middle East to consider ICE for this type of training.
"Positive feedback was received from all our participants who found the training very helpful and considered this very important. A summary of the feedback received, included:
- Better understanding of the membership options with Institution of Civil Engineers.
- Allowed us to be more proficient in temporary works design to BS5975 standard
- Improved our awareness around various design standards, including: steel, concrete, timber and masonry structures, as well being able to design/ check foundations.
- Improved our confidence with design, and design analysis.
- Enhanced our knowledge of engineering processes and temporary works procedures."
All of our temporary works training courses are enquiry only – please check out the available courses and fill out the waitlist form on the course page, or for in-house enquiries please contact email@example.com.