The recent ICE Knowledge newsletter featured case studies and papers which looked at lessons learned on ground and underground engineering projects from around the world.
We have selected two articles of particular interest below. Click on the links to download:
|3D numerical modelling of soil–structure interaction during EPB tunnelling||CROSS Structural Safety|
|This study refers to the recently built Milan metro line 5, illustrating 3D finite-element analysis aimed at back-predicting the response of a multi-storey reinforced concrete building underpassed by a metro tunnel. Download||This is CROSS newsletter number 37, containing reports on examples of structural safety concerns. It exposes concerns regarding structural safety for nine case studies, and gives some panel comments and recommendations for each. Download|
Ground engineering training for March
Earthworks: Theory and practice
17 March | 2 days
A two day training course that provides clarity and understanding on how to design, monitor, control and deliver successful earthworks projects.
- Be able to prepare earthworks specifications
- Understand the compaction process, key geotechnical parameters and characteristics of earthworks materials
- Gain clarity on how earthworks plant performs
- Gain insight on the key aspects of site investigation for earthworks
- Enrich you knowledge of current specifications and codes, and be aware of potential future changes to specifications and codes
- Benefit from peer reviewed course content and expert delivery from a geotechnical specialist
The next available training date for this programme is 17 March.
It will be held in Birmingham.