Management and Leadership for Engineers
The programme has been specifically developed by the ICE to broaden your understanding of management and leadership theoretical knowledge and is ideal for your continued professional development.
Management and Leadership skills make the vital difference to successfully deploying engineering excellence and creating opportunities for career growth. This much overlooked aspect in the training of engineers rapidly becomes an essential differentiator for the professional engineer – the skills to engage interest, manage efficiently, promote concepts and inspire others can be acquired and, with practice, deployed to considerable advantage.
This eLearning course is part of the mini-MBA in Infrastructure bundle.
The eLearning covers the following topics:
- The internal and external organisational environments
- Effects of culture on organisations
- Motivation and leadership of project teams
- Diversity and multi-cultural appreciation and management
- Stakeholder management
- Contractual relationships
- Supply chain management
- Nature of professionalism
- Morality, negligence, integrity, responsibility
The eLearning license is valid for 12 months after purchase.
The course is intended to provide professional engineers with a robust foundation to understand management and leadership techniques in a manner which is engaging and relevant to professional engineers. This should enable the delegates to:
- Have a logical and straightforward understanding of management science – which has direct practical application in the workplace
- Have a comprehensive foundation as a reference base which will enable delegates readily grow their management and leadership skills
- Establish their own management and leadership profile and build their own personal development models.
This programme is intended for engineers at all levels in the professional seeking to enhance their management and leadership skills – it will be suitable for:
- Early career engineers as a foundation
- Mid-career engineers requiring skills and techniques for professional growth and
- Senior management who may want to review their management and leadership skills through this solid and logical foundation.