This training course has been mapped to:
- UK-SPEC Competence E.5: Exercise responsibilities in an ethical manner
- ICE Key Attribute 5A: Ability to prepare and control budgets
- ICE Key Attribute 5C: A high level of commercial and contractual understanding and an ability to use it within own area of responsibility
The commercial management and delivery of projects is driven by the construction contract and this targeted course will improve your ability to deliver your construction projects effectively. It is applicable across the construction sector, whether you work for client, consultant or contractor and across all the main contract forms.
It has three key themes that deliver the knowledge and ability for effective understanding and practical application of construction contracts:
- The law – General and contract
- The contracts – including NEC, ICC, ACE, JCT and FIDIC
- The reality – What happens in practice
The course is available in two formats: two day classroom or a 90 minute eLearning module.
The two day classroom training course focusses on the details of standard forms of contracts and the key components of contract formation. It will also take you through the elements of English Law. You will share your experiences with other delegates and explore examples with the tutor.
The eLearning is delivered through 8 succinct modules, taking a total of 90 minutes to complete. It will provide you with a broad overview of the concepts of construction contracts and the law. The programme finishes with a multiple choice test. Please note that the eLearning licence is valid for 6 months only from date of purchase.
This insightful training course offers delegates the following unique combination of benefits:
- Delivered in clear, easy to understand language avoiding unnecessary legal jargon
- Applicability in an international context
- Completion of the programme may contribute to your IPD/CPD requirements