ICE Law and Contracts Management with NEC4: ECC Project Manager Accreditation
Please be aware that this product is just the eLearning course, and the NEC4: ECC Project Manager Accreditation must be booked separately.
This in-depth eLearning course will prepare you for the ICE Law and Contracts Exam paper 1 (law). The course is divided into a series of easily digestible modules with case studies and tests of understanding.
These eLearning law modules deliver a thorough understanding of the practicalities of contracts from the basis of English law, through contract formation, to their administration on civil engineering projects.
The legal system is outlined and an overview of dispute resolution from negotiation to arbitration is presented.
To prepare for paper 2 (NEC Contracts) and to gain NEC4: ECC Project Manager Accreditation you will need to register for a classroom based ECC project manager course: https://www.neccontract.com/NEC4-Products/NEC4-Training/NEC4-Accreditation.
Developed in partnership with Corbett & Co International Construction Lawyers.
The principles of contract formation are introduced and discussed and the essential steps necessary to create a binding and enforceable contract defined. Risk analysis and management in a contractual environment is presented, highlighting the key areas of risk under contract consideration. All supported by relevant case studies.
The eLearning modules are:
- The Law of Contract
- The Law of Evidence
- The Law of Tort
- Health and Safety
- Promotion, Tendering and Procurement Documentation
- Housing Grants Construction and Regeneration Act 1996
Please note that the eLearning licence is valid for 12 months only from date of purchase.
What will you learn?
- You will have a basic understanding of English law and the operation of the English legal system
- You will recognise the principles of Contract Law that are applied to construction industry contracts
- You will gain a broad understanding of the procurement process
- You will understand the tender process and its function in a construction contract
- You will understand the contractual and administrative basis of extension of time, submission and settlement of claims and the payment process.
This course is designed for:
- All those looking to sit the ICE Law and Contracts examination papers 1
- Civil, structural and building engineers in the early stages of their professional development
- Project managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Construction professionals needing a broad introduction to the commercial and contractual approaches of the civil engineering industry.