Your Professional Review - Preparation and the Review Day
Watch the video - Nick Baveystock, Director General of ICE, gives an overview of the Professional Review process, the professional advantages Qualification offers to you as an engineer, and why our eLearning can benefit you.
This ICE Training eLearning course, comprising two modules, will help you prepare your submission and demonstrate competence at the Review day. It is recommended to those applying for:
- Member Professional Review (MPR)
- Chartered Professional Review (CPR)
- Chartered Professional Review Progressive (CPRP)
Supervising Civil Engineers and Delegated Engineers who are guiding a Graduate and are looking for full clarity on what aspects of the Review to cover will also find these modules useful.
ICE Training eLearning offers the following unique advantages to Professional Review candidates:
- An accessible, affordable way to gain clarity on the documents and forms required for your Professional Review, making your transition to Chartership even easier
- Step by step guidance from members of the ICE membership team, available to you anytime, anywhere
- Peer reviewed content directly from the Institution, ensuring you receive your advice and support from a reliable source in an easy-to-use and convenient online format
The modules are conveniently available to take at your own pace, when you feel ready, ideally from 3 months before your Professional Review date.
Click here for the next scheduled ICE Professional Review dates.
This training was made in 2014 and may not reflect all of the latest Professional Review guidance.
Module 1: Preparation for the CPR and MPR
This module typically takes 30 minutes to complete and comprises two parts:
- The Key Attributes: 1-9
The module provides an overview of what is required. You should take this module when you feel you are ready to begin preparing for the Review day. It will give you an overview of what you should expect, outline the forms required and give you an idea of the various stages. It is recommended that you complete this module three months before the date of your Professional Review.
Module 2: Review day – the presentation, interview and written exercise
This module typically takes 60 minutes to complete and comprises ten parts:
- The Interview Day
- The Presentation
- Timings and Questions
- The Written Exercise
- Marking and Planning
- Health, Safety and Welfare, Commercial and Sustainability
- Management and Leadership
You should take this module in the run up to your Professional Review day. It will guide you through every stage of the process and give you a feel for how the day will pan out. You can take this module anytime prior to the date of your Professional Review. It will ensure you approach your peer review with confidence and clarity.
CEng, FICE FCIArb, FCMI
Director – Bowden Consulting Limited
Patrick is a Chartered Civil Engineer with wide ranging experience of construction and maintenance contracts in the UK and overseas. As an independent consultant his clients include major financial investors in construction projects, contractors and consultants. He advises clients on all stages of the construction process and subsequent asset management and has particular experience in commercial and contractual matters. Before becoming an independent consultant Patrick worked in a variety of senior management positions in the construction and engineering industries. He has experience of PFI and PPP deals and also has considerable experience in leading complex legal & financial negotiations of project documentation.
Eur Ing Steve Hyde
BSc MBA CEng FICE
Membership Manager - London & South East England
Steve Hyde has over 30 years’ experience in the construction industry and 12 years’ experience in civil engineering contracting, working for several major companies. He has wide experience of different types of civil engineering, technology, management and contracts. For seven years he managed a Further Education College Construction Department, managing a department of 26 staff and 350 students. This developed his understanding of young people and the education system. He also has seven years’ experience in training and development of all company staff and, in particular, 250 civil engineering technicians and graduates. He is currently Membership Manager for ICE London and South East England.
Please note that the licence is valid for 6 months only from date of purchase.
By the end of this course you should be able to:
- Effectively use your submission to demonstrate achievement of the Attributes
- Establish a timeline to MPR or CPR
- Plan and prepare an effective Professional Review Report
- Present your CPD records in an appropriate way
- Plan and deliver an effective presentation
- Understand the purpose and content of the review day
- Develop written exercise skills and techniques
This eLearning course is designed for all those who are expecting to sit their Professional Reviews within the next 4-12 months. It will ensure you are given guidance on preparing your submission and how to demonstrate competence at the Review Day.
It is equally valuable to Supervising Civil Engineers and Delegated Engineers, who require clarity on what to cover whilst supervising a Graduate.
Delegates will include:
- Graduates on Training Agreements
- Graduates not on Training Agreements
- Supervising Civil Engineers