The Career Appraisal Route to Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
About the Career Appraisal Route
The Career Appraisal route is intended for those who have the necessary academic qualifications to sit a Professional Review at IEng or CEng level but have not had the opportunity to start or complete a formal Training Agreement.
Before applying for a Professional Review a candidate must have completed a Training Agreement or a Career Appraisal to demonstrate their initial professional development (IPD).
The normal academic requirement for a potential Incorporated Engineer wishing to sit Member Professional Review (MPR) is a UK BEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent. Success at MPR allows the use of the letters IEng MICE.
The normal academic requirement for a potential Chartered Engineer wishing to sit a Chartered Professional Review (CPR) is a UK MEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent. Success at CPR allows the use of the letters CEng MICE.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
- Session 1 - The academic qualification
- Session 2 - The Development Attributes
- Session 3 - Producing the CV
- Session 4 - Producing the Experience Report and appendices
- Session 5 - CPD records
- Session 6 - Submission process and timescales
- Session 7 - Submission overview
The aim of this training course is to enable the trainee to complete a Career Appraisal in an efficient and timely manner. At the end of the one day programme, delegates will be able to:
- Produce sufficient relevant evidence for the Development Attributes
- Complete CPD records (DAP and PDR)
- Produce the Experience Report
- Understand the process for the Career Appraisal
- Understand the Professional Review that follows a successful Career Appraisal
This course is intended for:
- Graduates and trainees who are not on a formal Training Agreement with a civil engineering company, and who need to demonstrate that their own Initial Professional Development (IPD) is sufficient for them to be allowed to sit a Professional Review