Mentoring for Supervising Civil Engineers and Delegated Engineers
The Supervising Civil Engineer is key to making training and development as efficient and effective as possible within their organisation. Together with the Delegated Engineer they provide clear mentoring and guidance to graduate civil engineers progressing towards professional membership of the ICE.
This intensive course looks specifically at how to make mentoring work effectively in practice. The course is interactive and makes frequent use of real examples set within the context of the ICE framework.
Sessions begin at 9:00 and finish at 17:00. Morning and afternoon coffee breaks and lunch are included in the programme.
- Session 1 - Introduction and Course Overview
- Session 2 - Mentoring and Professional Development
- Session 3 - Training Agreements
- Session 4 - Quarterly review
- Session 5 - Annual Assessment
- Session 6 - Training Review
- Session 7 - Consolidation
- Session 8 - Alternatives to the Training Agreement (TA)
By the end of the one day programme, delegates will be able to:
- Carry out the role of the Supervising Civil Engineer (SCE) or Delegated Engineer (DE) effectively
- Act as a mentor to a trainee
- Implement the requirements of an ICE training scheme
- Monitor and evaluate training effectiveness
This course is intended for:
- All those undertaking or intending to undertake the role of either Supervising Civil Engineer (SCE) or Delegated Engineer (DE)
- Those involved in any way with a Graduate Civil Engineer’s training and development