ICE Exam: Procurement, Contracts and Project Management
The course looks at the topic from both a theoretical and applied perspective, with topics ranging from scope definition to supply chain set up, dispute resolution and the nature of international projects.
You can track your progress from the landing page of the eLearning.
What is the ICE Exam?
The ICE exam is available to members who have been advised they need to demonstrate non-technical further learning before they can apply for ICE’s Chartered Professional Review and who do not have the required academic qualifications to do so.
Please be aware that the course content is almost identical to the Procurements, Contracts and Project Management eLearning.
The eLearning covers the following topics:
- Defining the system boundaries and project scope - feasibility, design, build, operate, maintenance, decommissioning asset management
- Nature of international construction projects
- Procurement methods
- Effects of contractual risk allocation on the procurement process
- International construction law
- The common construction contracts including NEC, FIDIC and JCT16
- Contractual procedures
- Insurance and indemnity
- Processes involved in supply chain set-up
- Project planning/scheduling techniques and project performance management
- Lean construction and process mapping
- Building Information Modelling and management and security of data
- Managing quality
- Negotiation techniques
- Commercialism, liability, change, risk attitudes
- Dispute management and resolution
Please note that the licence is valid for 12 months only from date of purchase.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Appreciate the importance of defining project boundaries and scope
- Understand factors that should be considered in the development of a procurement strategy
- Recognise and understand common construction contracts
- Appreciate the nature of international construction projects
- Understand the processes involved in supply chain set up and how to ensure a resilient supply chain
- Understand the application of project management procedures and how these add value to projects
- Recognise how contracts can support dispute resolution
This course ties in with the ICE Exam curriculum for Module 1: Procurement, Contracts and Project Management. On completion of the eLearning you should have an understanding of the syllabus topics, and combined with your own experience and further reading, be able to apply this to the ICE Exam case study questions to demonstrate a master’s level of critical discussion.
This training course is designed for candidates preparing to sit the ICE Exam. The ICE exam is available to members who are already registered with us and who have been advised they will need to demonstrate non-technical further learning before they can apply for ICE’s Chartered Professional Review (CPR), or Chartered Professional Review Progressive (CPRP), and who do not have the required academic qualifications to do so. This ICE Exam targets:
- Those with BEng(Hons) degrees accredited for CEng with further learning.
- Those who graduate after June 2019 with a Washington Accord accredited Bachelor degree.
The exam allows candidates with BEng (Hons) degree or equivalent to demonstrate the CEng educational base without needing to undertake conventional further learning such as a master’s degree. It is not a standalone qualification, but a way for applicants to demonstrate their further learning in order to progress to Professional Review.