Digital Transformation - Implementation of a BIM Strategy
BIM is not just a 3D model; it is a way of working using the combined efforts of the key enablers – process, people and technology. This eLearning course will give you the skills and knowledge to understand how these components work together and your role in the implementation of best practice BIM.
You will be given the opportunity to measure your knowledge of BIM. The course comprises of a number of modules with tests of understanding intermittently throughout.
This eLearning course is part of the ICE Mini-MBA in Infrastructure bundle.
- A definition of BIM and some clarity around the terminology
- The benefits of BIM seen at different stages of a project
- The importance of BIM to the construction industry
- The definition of BIM levels
- The governing documents behind BIM level 2
- What to expect beyond the level 2 mandate
- Your role in delivering BIM
- Learn how to go about implementing BIM in your organisation/ project
On completion of this eLearning you will have:
- An understanding of what BIM is, its role at different stages of a project and its importance to the industry
- An understanding of your role in the delivery of BIM
- Know how to go about establishing/procuring BIM in your organisation/ project
- An understanding of how to enable the supply chain to deliver a BIM led project
This course is intended for:
- Project managers
- Procurement managers
- Anyone wanting a deeper understanding of people-focussed BIM concepts