Project Management for Civil Engineering and Construction Professionals + APM PMQ exam
This fully accredited course is aligned to the Association for Project Management’s (APM’s) Project Management Qualification BOK7 syllabus and exam. The APM PMQ is recognised internationally and provides a solid understanding of the current best practice methodology.
The learning for this course is delivered through an interactive and participative environment to help ensure effective learning and application. Using an appropriate case study, learners will be able to contextualise the learning and apply the theory in a practical sense which will ensure a greater likelihood of implementation and improvement in the workplace.
This course is entirely online and has been created in collaboration between ICE Training and 20/20 our approved APM Accredited Provider. The online learning includes all the knowledge required to pass the APM PMQ exam and an additional online exam preparation module with guidance on how to prepare for and then manage your time in the exam most effectively. The exam itself is taken online and 20/20 will arrange this process once the online learning is complete.
This training has also been mapped to the ICE key attributes for Chartered and Incorporated Engineers and to the Technician Standards for Engineering Technicians. Attributes 2, 5-11 are well covered. Click here for full information.
- Project context and environment
- Governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies
- Project life cycles
- How organisations and projects are structured
- Planning for Success
- Communication within project management
- Project scope management
- Schedule and resource management
- Project Procurement
- The principles of leadership and teamwork
- Risk management and issue management
- Project quality management
Approx. 30 hours
Please note that the eLearning licence is valid for 12 months only from date of purchase.
This course follows the PMQ syllabus and covers the following main Learning Outcomes:
- Understand how organisations and projects are structured
- Understand project life cycle
- Understand the situational context of projects
- Understand communication within project management
- Understand the principles of leadership and teamwork
- Understand planning for success
- Understand project scope management
- Understand schedule and resource optimisation
- Understand project procurement
- Understand risk and issue management in the context of project management
- Understand quality in the context of a project