On completion of this course participants will have attained an overall ‘Intermediate’ Competence Level in Project Management.
At overall competence Level 2: Intermediate Application participants completing this course will be able to:
- Understand how organisations and projects are structured.
- Follow and justify the project life cycle.
- Evaluate the contexts and environments in which projects can be delivered.
- Understand governance of project management and the use of structured methodologies.
- Provide effective and appropriate communication within a project management.
- Make use of the principles of leadership and teamwork.
- Understand planning for success.
- Define and Manage project scope effectively.
- Produce a schedule and use resource management techniques.
- Understand project procurement.
- Successfully Identify and manage risks and issues
- Understand project quality management.
This training has been mapped to the ICE key attributes for Chartered and Incorporated Engineers and to the Technician Standards for Engineering Technicians as follows:
Eng Tech: B1, B2, B3, C1, C4, C5, D1, D2, E1, E2 well covered
IEng: C1, C2, C3, C4, C5, D1, D2, E1, E2 well covered
CEng: C1, C2, 3, C4, C5, D1, D2, E1, E2 well covered
20-25 hours (1200 – 1500 minutes)